Benny T. Hu
- Mr. Hu is a well-known entrepreneur and also a professional manager with proactive thinking. He has been investing in China since 1996 starting while he was leading China Development Industrial Bank (CDIB). During the period of 1993-2004, he grew the investment portfolio from $ 250MM to $ 3.0Bn, making CDIB one of Asia′s largest investment companies. He expanded business of the bank to the United States, Great Britain, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, and Philippines.
- Of the 250 companies invested during tenure, 62 companies had IPOs and 10 were acquired. In 2003, he assumed role as Chairman and Director of Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world when completed in 2004. Mr. Hu is currently Chairman of Senhwa Biosciences, Inc. dedicating to develop first-in-class small molecule drugs used in cancer treatments.
- Mr. Hu received a BA from National Taiwan University, an MA from Yale University and an MBA from Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania.
Tai-Sen Soong, Ph. D.
President & CEOView More
- Dr. Soong is the President and CEO of Senhwa, which he co-founded in 2012. Leveraging a breadth of operations experience spanning 30 years, he has executive responsibility for all of the internal operations. He was the former Head of the Life Science Investment Unit in the Overseas Business Department at CDIB since 1999. Prior to joining CDIB, he was the Managing Director of Imagen Venture Holdings, Singapore.
- While at his tenure at National University of Singapore, he successfully launched Singapore China Biotechnology Program to recruit scientists from China to assist biotechnology development in Singapore. He was also one of the first few employees of Taiwan′s Development Center for Biotechnology(DCB). During the period of 1986 -1995, he established an R & D base for commercial application of biotechnology and promoted Taiwan′s biotechnology through product development and technology transfer. He is also founding members and Board Directors of HenKan Pharmaceuticals and Medtech Tronics, Inc.
- Dr. Soong received his Ph.D. degree in Biology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
COO & Head of Clinical DepartmentView More
- Ms. Kuo joined Senhwa in 2018 and is currently Chief Operating Officer and head of Clinical Department. Mainly responsible for clinical planning and coordination, progress control, legal affairs and assisting company operations. Ms. Kuo has possessed more than 30 years of experience in the biotechnology pharmaceutical industry. She has successfully served different roles and most recent role was VP & COO at BRIM biotechnology. She also held other important positions including VP of operation at Development Center for Biotechnology, Director of New Product Development at TTY Biopharm, Senior VP and Board Member at CDIB Bioscience Venture Management, and Assistant VP in the Life Science Investment Unit of Overseas Business Department at China Development Industrial Bank. Ms. Kuo is well experienced in operation and management of biotechnology companies. Further, she has a good grasp of domestic and foreign investment environment.
- Ms. Kuo received her M.S. degree in Plant Pathology and Microbiology from National Taiwan University.
Sarah Chang, CPA
CFO & Head, Finance and AdministrationView More
- Ms. Chang joined Senhwa in 2013 and is currently Director of Finance and Administration. She brings Senhwa 15 years of experience in finance and accounting. Before joining Senhwa Biosciences, Inc., Ms. Chang was the Vice President of Operating group (CFO&COO) of Hua Nan Investment Trust Corporation, the large mutual fund company in Taiwan. She was Senior Vice President of the Underwriting Department at IBT Securities Co., Ltd. and lead the IPO project and pre-IPO consultation. Ms Chang is a Certified Public Accountant and also worked at Deloitte & Touche.
- She graduated with Accounting major from Tunghai University
Chen-Fu Liu, Ph. D.
Director, R&D DepartmentView More
- Dr. Liu joined Senhwa in November, 2017 and appointed as Director leading R&D department. He is well experienced in drug discovery team structure, patent strategy, CMC and formulation development in the pharmaceutical industry for more than 15 years.
- Dr. Liu obtained his Ph.D. degree in chemistry from National Taiwan University in 2002. Since then, he joined TaiGen Biotechnology as a post-doc fellow in the department of medicinal chemistry and served as an investigator afterwards. After TaiGen, Dr. Liu accumulated his solid knowledge and experience in the industry with GNT Biotech & Medicals Corporation, GNTbm and took in charge for the CMC & formulation development while 2 drug candidates were at the stage of phase 2b of multi-national and multi-centered clinical operation when he worked in CVie Therapeutics Limited. Dr. Liu also was the member of the steering committee of a joint collaboration between CVie and ScinoPharm on identifying a new generation of heart failure treatment.
- Dr. Liu was certificated with Winston & Strawn LLP American Patent Law and University of Washington Seattle, school of law, CASRIP 2015 program (MMOT program). Further, Dr. Liu holds 5 PCT patents and many of his scientific publications were highly recognized.
Maggie Lin, CIA
Manager & Supervisor, Internal Audit OfficeView More
- Ms. Lin joined Senhwa in 2015 and served as Internal Audit Supervisor since June 2015. She came to Senhwa with many years of experience as Internal Auditor. She worked as auditor firstly in Far Eastern Air Transport, and later in TWI Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- She graduated with Accounting major from Soochow University. She is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
John Soong, M.D., FCAP
Chief Medical OfficerView More
- Dr. John Soong is a board certified physician with specialty training in Clinical Pathology and a Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP). His experiences in patient care as well as expertise in diagnosing a broad spectrum of human diseases through the understanding of disease mechanisms brings insights to novel drug target identification.
- Dr. Soong earned his Bachelor of Arts in Biology (magna cum laude) at the University of Southern California, and received his medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine. Dr. Soong completed his residency training at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System.
Hshiou-ting Liu, Ph. D., RAC
V.P. of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical OperationsView More
- Dr. Liu was trained in organic and medicinal chemistry and has experience in various R&D roles during his fifteen years in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries before extending his expertise to pharmaceutical Quality/CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls). His nine years’ regulatory affairs experience include supporting CMC development of new drugs at pre-IND and IND stages for regulatory submissions, and providing project management and technical oversight of contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- He previously worked in industry with Syva, Dade Behring, Microgenics, and Geron, where he has played leadership roles in various healthcare product development and commercialization. He has developed synthesis of various classes of organic compounds across multiple therapeutic areas such as anticancer drugs, antiretroviral drugs, antibacterial drugs, immunosuppressant drugs, antiepileptic drugs and psychoactive drugs.
- Dr. Liu holds eight US patents. One of his scientific publications was highlighted in Science Concentration of the Chemical & Engineering News. His team at Dade Behring was recognized as the Center of Excellence in Organic Chemistry within the corporation. Dr. Liu obtained his Ph.D. in organic chemistry (with Distinction) from Boston College. He received postdoctoral fellowships from Princeton University and Stanford University. He is Regulatory Affairs Certified (RAC).